This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis upon which Entrust Network Services Pte Ltd (“we“, “us”, or “our“) may collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process personal data of job applicants, visitors, and customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. Personalized Data
- As used in this Notice, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an employee or a job applicant who can be identified:
- from that data; or
- from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include:
- identity-related information (name or alias, gender, citizenship or residential status, nationality, and country and city of birth);
- contact information (mailing address, telephone numbers, email address, and other contact details);
- qualifications and employment-related information (resume, academic and/or professional certifications and transcripts, and employment references);
- employment and training history;
- medical records with specific details (pre-employment health screening results and work-related health issues and disabilities);
- information related to employment references, including their personal data; and
- images and video footages.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
2. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We generally collect personal data that:
- you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your employment or job application with us, or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”, which may include your job placement agent), after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and use of your personal data for those purposes; or
- collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other written laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- Your personal data which we collect from you may be used for one or more of the following purposes (“Purposes”);
- to evaluate your application and suitability for employment in any current or prospective position with us;
- to verify your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided, including checking references and conducting background checks;
- to contact or communicate with you for the purposes of processing your employment application and other employment opportunities;
- to consider you for future employment opportunities;
- where CCTVs are deployed in our office premises, for detection and prevention of crime and for security purposes and investigations;
- to enable proper functionality of our website such as security, network management, and accessibility;
- to provide website analytics, such as visitor numbers, page views, and user behaviour;
- to assist us in enhancing your browsing experience;
- to enhance our website security by identifying and preventing suspicious activities;
- to respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- to administer and manage your relationship with us;
- any other purposes which we may inform you in writing from time to time, but for which we will seek your separate consent.
3. Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Your failure to supply certain personal data to us (or if we are not permitted by you to process your personal data), may/would result in us being unable to process, administer and/or manage your relationship with us. Depending on the extent by which you do not permit us to process your personal data or the extent of personal data which you do not provide to us, it may mean that we will not be able to continue the relationship with you, as we will be unable to administer the relationship.
- The Purposes listed in the above may continue to apply even after the conclusion of your job application process with us (for example, if you are subsequently hired), for a reasonable period thereafter.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
- In order to conduct our operations more smoothly, we may need to disclose your personal data to third parties, whether located within or outside Singapore, for one or more of the Purposes. Such third parties include but not limited to our third parties service providers and affiliates that would be processing your personal data on our behalf.
- We will take steps to ensure that your personal data that is transferred or disclosed to third parties continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
- Except where permitted by law (and not excluding disclosures to third parties for Purposes), we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so or unless any such disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the Act.
5. Withdrawing Your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. As a job applicant, you may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using, and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or postal mail to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process and effect your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may not be in a position to process your job application (as the case may be). We shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request (as outlined above). Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use, and disclose personal data where such collection, use, and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
6. Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make:
- an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or;
- a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request via email or postal mail to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) days. Should we not be able to respond to your access request within thirty (30) days after receiving your access request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- Please note that depending on the request that is being made, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the entire documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our Company has on record, if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
7. Protection of Personal Data
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks, we have implemented appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures, such as up-to-date firewall protection, endpoint protection, software updates, data backup, data encryption, email security, and the use of access controls to secure all storage and transmission of personal data, and disclose your personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
8. Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer via email or postal mail at the contact details provided below.
9. Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on you.
- When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
11. Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
12. Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
- Name of DPO : Jamson Lim
Contact No : 6513 2701
Email Address : email@example.com
Address : 81 Ubi Avenue 4 #08-12 UB. One Singapore 408830
- Name of DPO : Jamson Lim
13. Updates on This Privacy Notice
- As part of our effort to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we may update this Notice from time to time at our absolute discretion. We encourage you to periodically check this Notice so that you will remain updated on any changes.
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses, and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us. By continuing your relationship with us and/or accessing any part of our website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms of this Notice and agreed or shall be deemed to agree to be bound by this Notice including updates or amendments.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in November 2023.
Get started working with true experts in the industry.
Entrust Network has been supporting SMEs since 2006. Let us become a part of your team.