Documented By: Roger
Updated On: 4 June 2019
Encrypto is an easy-to-use app that lets you encrypt files with AES-256 encryption and send the files to coworkers and external parties. The app is compatible on both Mac and Windows, so you can send encrypted files without worrying whether the other person can open it or not.
Encryption is important because it allows you to securely protect data that you do not want anyone else to have access to.
By encrypting the file, you ensure that other users can open the file with the correct password.
**Do note that the user that receives the encrypted file must also have Encrypto installed for them to decrypt the file. The installation is very easy.
To download and install the software, kindly access
1. Double-click on the Encrypto app to open
2. You can either drag the file over or click on “Add File/Folder…”
3. Key in a password to encrypt the file and add in a hint if needed.
4. After keying in the password and hint, you can click on “Encrypt”.
5. After encrypting, click on “Save As…” to save the encrypted file.
6. You can now send the encrypted.
We recommend that the user to review the password in other communication mean (e.g. WhatsApp or phone call).
1. Double-click on the file and the Encrypto app will open. Key in the password and click “Decrypt”.
2. After decrypting, click on “Save As…” to save the decrypted file.